Saturday, January 17, 2009

Things Found in a Hospital

Banner Good Samaritan Hospital has always been there for me. It is the place where I delivered my last three children. (I have six.) I spent one long night there in the emergency room with one of my sons who was sick with HSP (Henoch Schonlein Pupura.) One of my grandsons was born there in 2006. Last week my husband and brother-in-law spent nearly a week there. My brother-in-law allowed himself to go through surgery in order to give one of his kidneys to his brother, my husband.

Here are some pictures of things I found in the hospital while I was waiting there for the guys to recover.












The two guys in matching gowns.

4 comments:

Trevlyn said...

WOW! I hadn't heard this news! Prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery!

Allan Stellar said...

Hospitals are special places. As a nurse, sometimes I forget that the place I work is not an everyday occurance for those I serve.

Thanks for helping me to remember that. As for the medical terminology post...kudos! Studies state that the best Units in Hospitals--those that do the best work--have a common denominator of a sense of humor. Nurses who laugh are Nurses who heal. Even if the humor is of a gallows variety at times.

Cheers!

Audra said...

Like the pictures. Hope things are still going well. You have a great eye, Jackie!

Amber said...

I love the pictures too. Brings a different perspective to the experience, one that can easily be forgotten. Hope things are going well.